Monday 18 August 2014

Katie's Bee Block and Biography


Hi my name is Katie. I am a long time lover of cutting up material and making things. I started sewing and quilting as a child and along with cutting my mum's favourite silk blouse to make roses for my denim jacket made several hand sewn quilts. Work and three children then came along and I did a lot less crafting and much more playing and washing clothes rather than making anything.  As my children are getting older I am finding slightly more time to be creative and they are starting to enjoy making things with me. I still really enjoy hand sewing but recently bought a new machine that is great and gives me lots more options. I am really enjoying being part of the Edinburgh Modern Quilt group and seeing the huge variety of styles and techniques used. 



My favourite quilt is the one shown. It is our picnic rug and we have been able to use it loads this summer which has been great.

The block I have chosen this month is the 12" Courthouse Steps Block. This is the website I used:

Block Centre 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" 
 2 x 2" x 3 1/2"
4 x 2" x 6 1/2" 
4 x 2" x 9 1/2"
2 x 2" x 12 1/2" 

It feels really exciting to see what different blocks are made and hopefully they will not take too long to make as I know some of us are also making our bits for the Stitch Gathering. The blocks can be made of any colour, but if possible all the stripes should contain the same colour. Here are the examples I made as shown at the meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...