Sunday 19 October 2014

Sheila's Biog and Bee Block

Hello there, Sheila here, or if you are on social media, I'm @budsmam.



I have always crafted, my main passion for many decades was embroidery, I did a lot of hardanger and speciality embroidery. Much like this ‘Around the world in 80 stitches’ sampler I recently completed.


I hurt the tendons in my arm almost 10 years ago which put paid to the large amount of stitching I did. I now have to ration the amount of fine needlework I do. This took me into the world of patchwork, not too many tendon issues there!
I have attended many classes, quite a few of Jo's fab classes but also learned so much online from the various swaps and bees which are a constant factor of online life.
This is a quilt I made from the scrappy Trip Around The World quilt bee.


I love scrappy quilts and am so chuffed with my scrappy Farmers Wife quilt, took me 3 years but I love it.


I am so pleased to be in the Edinburgh Modern Quilt Guild, what a great bunch of ladies. My block is the traditional Scottish Plaid Block, there are many guides online to this block and in books of patterns, my block finishes at 12.5 inches, it has a centre square of 6.5 inches, two smaller squares of the centre fabric at 3.5 inches each, then two rectangles of 6.5x3.5 and two more of 9.5x3.5.
I asked that each block be made up of one colour, the choice is up to the chooser! The vast majority of my quilts go to Project Linus and this one will go too. A lovely bright quilt for some child to enjoy and cuddle.


Finally here is why I am @budsmam, sadly no longer with us but he was my best friend for 11 years, he was Bud and I was his mam.




No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...