Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jo's bee block for April 2015


This month I would like you to make Economy Blocks following this tutorial by Rita Hodge of Red Pepper Quilts.

The photo above is from Rita's blog which, if you don't know it already, is well worth checking out, she is one of the most talented Modern Quilters around.

The blocks are really small at 5.5 inches each, so if you could make me 4 that would be excellent. The quilt will be for Siblings Together so for a very good cause and I think I will need 120 for a decent sized quilt.


I made these 2 in about half an hour, they are really quick to do. But if you are really struggling then just make 2.

Please use nice bright colours, any colour you like, as the quilt will be for a child. Also I would love a fussy cut centre square. It doesn't have to be an animal, it could be a flower or a house or text or anything, just something other than an overall pattern.

Any questions just send me an email, but hopefully you will enjoy making these cute blocks - they are good fun and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...