Saturday 27 September 2014

Meet Audrey


I have been sewing all my life, starting with wee outfits for my Sindy doll. I went to Queen Margaret College( as it was in those days) and became a teacher of Home Economics. I have thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this creative and challenging work.

You could call me a jack of all trades and master of none as I enjoy all skills needed for my work. If I am not sewing , spending time with my three adorable grandsons, gardening or singing with the Pentland Singers then you could find me baking and decorating all sorts of cakes.

Patchwork and quilting only began again three years ago when due to a fractured kneecap I was unable to work. What joy! Every cloud and all that. I love to learn different skills and techniques and joining the EMQG allows me to experience the ideas and enthusiasm from the others in the group. What a talented bunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...