Sunday 26 July 2015

July meeting - the one where we went to the pub

Well I think it is safe to say that the Golf Tavern in Edinburgh really didn't know what to do when the EMQG crew rocked up to their door!

Oh yes, when we need an alternative venue for a meeting we just go to the pub. Well we are a Modern quilt guild!

Jane had booked us all a table and off we went.

I was very very grateful that my new camera phone was good at taking pictures in low light ...

First up were last months bee blocks, here are some of the ones for Jane, she gave us all a square of this fab bicycle fabric and we had to add some simple borders. Another great example of a simple block showcasing some lovely fabric.

Look how well they go together! This will be a stunner
Next up are the two bee blocks for next month, Janice chose a simple block, I'm calling it the 'I' block because it looks like an I. Tune in next month to see how they all turn out.
Helen chose a string block for us to do, but there wasn't a sample for me to take a picture of, so I will keep you in suspense till next month.

Now for our bumper crop of shows and tells.

Does this look familiar? It's Janes quit! The quilting done by our very own long arm talent - Tatyana, can you see the amazing quilting?

Janes next show and tell was this gorgeous hand printed fabric, how brilliant is this! If you can't find fabric you like, just make your own. The EMQG is a crew of many talents.

I need to make a beach tote for the Rural, I did try to appropriate this one by Tatyana but she was having none of it, I don't blame her either, if this was mine I would hold onto it! Love the fabric Tatyana. Stunning work as ever.

We move at the speed of light, well Robin does! This is her fabulous hand pieced mini for an Instagram swap, head back to last months blog post to see it more fully. It's a lucky swap partner who will receive this beauty.

Swaps always need extras and what is nicer and more practical than a one hour basket? With cute hexies too. Like I said, you have a very lucky swap partner Robin.

Cute inside fabric too!

How fabulous to see all of Barbara's bee blocks put together. Some simple white sashing really shows off these gorgeous blocks.

It's a hard life taking pictures at the guild sometimes! But everyone just gets so excited, and who can blame us! Audrey had us all well jealous when she showed us a HUGE stack of fabric. She asked her Australian friend to bring her 4 fat quarters ... Well bless him (he's a keeper, I heard someone whisper) he brought back what looked like 40 fat quarters!

We did get a bit carried away looking through them!
Audrey plans on using this stunner as a center for a medallion quilt. Watch this space for a future show and tell!

Things calmed down a bit so I could get a better picture of the stack of fabric!

Margaret brought along this adorable feather cushion.

Jaqui kindly held it up so I could get a better picture. More hexies, we are bang on trend at the EMQG you know!

Awwwwww how cute is this!! An adorable bib made by Janice, the smile on Robins face says it all, c'mon it's making you smile too!

Next up is Janice again with her jelly roll quilt, all hand quilted, my poor camera phone was struggling at this point so you will just have to take my word that the hand quilting is stunning.

And the back is pretty nifty too!

Jaqui brought some much needed sunshine with her bright and cheery mini. I'm loving that border fabric, who am I kidding I'm loving all of that fabric, Jaqui has such a great way of putting colours together.

Last but not least is ... me! I can't remember who was taking photos but thank you! Here is my giant Lilysquilt Dresden from Love patchwork and quilting magazine. You can't see it too well in this low light but it is all Japanese fabrics.

Can I get another awww?? This was my last show and tell, honestly I could just spend all my time making sleeping bags for teddy bears. The pattern is from the fabulous Flossieteacakes. The pattern instructions are adorable, with instructions for how to cope with teddies who have ample tummies ... Or sticky out paws. Too cute.

I have to say the patrons of the Golf Tavern seemed to be quite sang froid about the EMQG crew taking over their pub and oohing and ahhhhing over various quilts and blocks. Thank you Golf Tavern, we had a blast, but then again, we always do!

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow some amazing show and tell there! I am sorry I missed the meeting, it looks like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...