Monday 14 December 2020

 

Lockdown quilt-a-long-it’ll be fun!

 

Can’t remember who said that, but it might have been me. I got the job of head designer, mainly because I had EQ8 and had produced lots of pictures of blocks and quilts-unfortunately I hadn’t actually made any of these out of fabric but how hard could that be? Lots of people signed up.

I designed lots of lovely blocks, many of which were totally impossible to make, but eventually I came up with this-called Together Alone



 

The idea was to send out two or three blocks a week for 10 weeks. I would write the patterns and sizes. Because my wrist wasn’t working I then sent this to Heather, who tested the blocks and we then sent them out, starting on the 1st of April. Simple! Hmmm….

Several things came to light early on-

My woeful arithmetic/maths abilities had not improved with age

Heather has the patient of a saint

 

Blocks went back and forward between us for adjustment. Thankfully, because of lockdown she couldn’t throw things at me. There may have been one week where I managed to get them right. But (possibly because of boredom setting in) people persevered with the curves, FPP and even partial seams and produced lots of stunning versions of the blocks and eventually beautiful quilts

  
                         Heather                                                    Karen                           Mags                                                       Katie    
                       Margaret                                                          Lucy


    
                           Helen                                                        Anne

Fiona





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...